Friday 4 June 2010

A blog is born

I received the greatest compliment I've ever had last week, when a friend suggested I should start a style diary.
While I can't promise to be hugely inspiring, I'm hoping that this mild ego trip / exercise in self indulgence might at least give me justification for my obsessive clothes shopping! So here I am, with a blog of my very own!

It's all about me...
I'm 26, live in Bristol in the South West of England, and I love vintage clothes. I'm also a spendaholic and don't earn nearly enough money to support my vintage habit.
I love the 1940 - music, fashion, cinema - it's all a wonder to me. I hope to share some of my favourite outfits with you, and to shout about the great purchases of vintage-style pieces from modern shops (one of my greatest pleasures). My wardrobe is quite eclectic and, although my main focus is the 40s (the shape suits me best), I have clothes from and inspired by the 1920s through to the 1950s.
I also do quite a bit of sewing and am working my way through my extensive vintage pattern collection at the moment, starting with a house dress from 'Past Patterns'. I really enjoy crafty projects and I have an antique style cross stitch sampler on the go at the moment too. I'll post pictures as I progress!
Gardening is my final passion of the moment and I have my first vegetable patch dug and planted. I'm just watching out for my first ever veggies now!

Here is my cat Deryn helping me cut my pattern out.

No comments:

Post a Comment